2.17.2010

Boom Boom POW!

Working at the farm this week, which amongst other things means a lot of work on the newly renovated front porch and listening to a lot of radio. 102.1 the edge for me, boom 97.3 for my dad. This has brought about two revelations on my part...

1. I don't know what I'm going to do when I finally own a home and want to renovate it. Or even just fix something wrong that may occur with the plumbing. Really the only thing that I can do well that is house-related is paint walls. Damn am I good at painting walls...

2. The classics and hits of today are the songs that my dad grew up listening to. And for the most part they are amazing; they changed the very face of music in so many amazing way. These are the songs that brought music to where it is today, the songs that inspired the artists of today to do what they do, the songs that have stood the test of time in order to become both respected and popular with our generation. It's sad to me that when we're all finally middle aged adults/senior citizens, the songs of our childhood that will be played on classic hits radio stations will include Lady Gaga and the Black Eyed Peas...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

get learnin! how else will you build me the notebook house with full wrap-around porch!

didnt the porch just get renovated? slash built? what are you doing with it now?

TSG said...

Hey, this doesn't have anything to do with this post, but it has to do with a post you did a couple years ago on scary children's shows. I just saw that fucked up episode of Dudley with the skull man and am trying to find it. That's how I came across your post.

http://headtrappedintheclouds.blogspot.com/2008/07/thats-just-how-my-mind-runs.html

The "mystery show" is 'Chicken Minute' aka 'Cocotte Minute'. I thought I was the only person who saw that gem of weirdness. Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.