A new year in one hour; we're about to move from single digit 2000's to double digits. The twenty-teens are upon us. This is my second full decade of life, a pretty large span of time full of major events. And since reminiscing seems to be floating rather heavily through the air right now, I said to myself "Why not me too?". One last hurrah for the 2000's...
During the span of 2000 - 2009, I:
- finished all of grade school, high school, two years of university, and half year of college
- wanted to be a computer animator, then a writer/actor/film-maker, then just a writer, then anything that wasn't in English, then a graphic designer
- was quiet, shy, and introverted with a small circle of friends, then became more loud, outgoing, and confident with a much wider circle of friends
- found love, lost it, found it again (except better)
- tasted alcohol and fully experienced all of it's effects, both positive and negative
- stopped all yearly camping trips to pick up a whole set of new ones several years later
- went from listening to just boy band pop (Backstreet Boys) to listening to almost anything AND boy band pop (Backstreet Boys)
- had no videogame systems to having five
- have lived in three different houses with different sets of roommates asides from the house that my family lives in
- travelled to the other side of the world
- and so many other things
In this coming year I will be turning 21 - it's weird to think about just how many years have gone by. This past decade has been a ridiculous roller coaster ride of ups and downs; high points and lows. Sometimes I wonder if my 10 year-old self would recognize me now. If he did, I think 10 year-old Jonathan would be pretty impressed with the turn out.
Good on me, me.